Beautiful music lifts the mind towards God during the liturgy. Whether you are an adult, student, singer, or musician, consider lending your talents to enhance our music ministry.
Contact: Chris Orf, (630) 462-5005
- St. Michael Choir Rehearses each Thursday evening from 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. and sings for the 10:30 a.m. Sunday Mass from September through May as well as Christmas, Triduum, Easter, and large parish celebrations. Its repertoire includes chant and music from the Renaissance through 21st Century.
- St. Michael Handbell Choir This choir provides another way to raise hearts in prayer. Members should be able to read music. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 7:15 p.m. and the choir plays periodically throughout the year. Come make a joyful noise to the Lord!
- St. Michael Children’s Choir This choir of children from grades 3-8 sings periodically for a 9:00 a.m. Sunday Mass, and Christmas Eve 4:00 p.m. Mass. Interested children have a vocal interview in early September and the choir rehearses prior to school Mass at 7:30 a.m. Religious Education students are invited to join in for periodic Sunday Masses and Christmas and Easter. Children expand their musical knowledge and come to know God in song as well.
- Resurrection Choir This is a group of singers whose schedules permit flexibility and availability to sing for funeral or memorial services held at St. Michael Church. The choir provides a ministry of presence and community support for the grieving family members as well as providing the musical foundation for the Mass of Christian Burial. Often, this choir is the largest representation of the parish community present at funerals. Rehearsals will be scheduled as needed, often following a funeral.
- Cantor Ministry Cantors lead the assembly in sung prayer for parish Masses, as well as for weddings, funerals, Baptisms, and other communal worship celebrations. Cantors rehearse periodically and must be able to read music and prepare in advance. Cantors need a good quality leading voice and must be comfortable as a soloist.
- Archangel Schola This small singing ensemble has a membership of the strongest and most confident singers who can learn music quickly and sing a cappella when required. Usually there will be two people per voice part: Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass. Members audition to join and must be members of the St. Michael Choir. Archangel Schola sings one Sunday per month.
- Instrumentalists Musicians are invited to contribute their talents to St. Michael's Music Ministry. The ability to read music and work in an ensemble is required.